Questions About Your Patients’ Culture? Look For Answers Here
Information that case managers can use to find out more about their patients is just a click away. The following are resources recommended by others in the case management field:
- Case Management Society of America (www.cmsa.org) addresses cultural competency in its revised Standards of Practice.
- The U.S. Health Resources and Services Administration has a wide range of educational resources on providing appropriate care for a variety of ethnic groups and special populations. (http://bit.ly/1frYWw5)
- The Commission for Case Management Certification (CCMC)’s Body of Knowledge includes education on how effective communication can be used to overcome cultural, socioeconomic, language, gender, sexual orientation, and racial barriers. (www.cmbodyofknowledge.com)
- The Office of Minority Health (www.minorityhealth.hhs.gov) has developed the National Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Standards (CLAS) in Healthcare tool. The website has many resources on cultural competency.
- The Agency for Health Research and Quality officers a health literacy toolkit and other resources.
- The National Center for Cultural Competence at Georgetown offers assistance in creating, implementing, and evaluating culturally and linguistically competent healthcare delivery. (https://nccc.georgetown.edu)
Information that case managers can use to find out more about their patients is just a click away
Subscribe Now for Access
You have reached your article limit for the month. We hope you found our articles both enjoyable and insightful. For information on new subscriptions, product trials, alternative billing arrangements or group and site discounts please call 800-688-2421. We look forward to having you as a long-term member of the Relias Media community.