Medicare Payment Codes Related to Care Management
Starting in 2017, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) provided new Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) codes for care management payment.
Here are the codes and descriptions:
- G0502: Initial psych care management, 70 minutes.
- G0503: Subsequent psych care management, 60 minutes.
- G0504: Initial/subsequent psych care management, additional 30 minutes.
- G0507: Care management services, minimum 20 minutes.
The G0507 must include:
- Initial assessment or follow-up monitoring, including use of applicable validated rating scales.
- Behavioral healthcare planning in relation to behavioral/psychiatric health problems, including revision for patients who are not progressing or whose status changes.
- Facilitating and coordinating treatment, such as psychotherapy, pharmacotherapy, counseling, and/or psychiatric consultation.
- Continuity of care with a designated member of the care team.
Source: AIMS Center, University of Washington; aims.uw.edu.
Starting in 2017, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services provided new Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System codes for care management payment.
Subscribe Now for Access
You have reached your article limit for the month. We hope you found our articles both enjoyable and insightful. For information on new subscriptions, product trials, alternative billing arrangements or group and site discounts please call 800-688-2421. We look forward to having you as a long-term member of the Relias Media community.