Initial data from the Quality Reporting Program for skilled nursing facilities (SNFs) are now available on the CMS Nursing Home Compare website.
The SNF quality data consist of assessment- and claims-based quality measures. The five quality measures are:
- the percentage of residents who develop new or worsened pressure ulcers;
- the percentage of residents whose activities of daily living and thinking skills were assessed and goals included in the treatment plan;
- the percentage of residents who experience a fall with major injury;
- Medicare spending per beneficiary;
- the rate of successful return to home or community.
A CMS fact sheet announcing the data release says it “can showcase a SNF’s ongoing commitment to quality, improving engagement and confidence among staff, residents, caregivers, families, and stakeholders.” (The fact sheet is online at: https://go.cms.gov/2PkkaGP.)