Cleveland Clinic docs name innovation Top Ten'
Medical researchers are coming up with new discoveries at such a rapid pace it's difficult to keep up with them all, but physicians and consultants at The Cleveland Clinic try to sharpen our focus by shining a light on those that hold the most promise. They have just released their list of Top Ten innovations in medicine, which they disclosed at the conclusion of their Innovation Summit in Cleveland. The Top Ten list is:
- use of circulating tumor cell technology;
- warm organ perfusion device;
- diaphragm pacing system;
- multi-spectral imaging systems;
- percutaneous mitral valve regurgitation repair;
- new strategies for creating vaccines for Avian flu.
- LESS (laproendoscopic single-site surgery) and NOTES (natural orifice transluminal endoscopic surgery) applications;
- integration of diffusion tensor imaging;
- doppler-guided uterine artery occlusion;
- National Health Information Exchange.