Here are the 15 Nursing-Sensitive Performance Measures endorsed by the Washington, DC-based National Quality Forum:
- death among surgical inpatients with treatable serious complications (failure to rescue);
- pressure ulcer prevalence;
- falls prevalence;
- falls with injury;
- restraint prevalence;
- urinary catheter-associated urinary tract infection for intensive care unit (ICU) patients;
- ventilator-associated pneumonia for ICU and high-risk nursery patients;
- smoking cessation counseling for acute myocardial infarction;
- smoking cessation counseling for heart failure;
- smoking cessation counseling for pneumonia;
- skill mix;
- nursing care hours per patient day;
- practice environment scale — Nursing Work Index (composite + five subscales);
- voluntary turnover.
Here are the 15 Nursing-Sensitive Performance Measures endorsed by the Washington, DC-based National Quality Forum.
Subscribe Now for Access
You have reached your article limit for the month. We hope you found our articles both enjoyable and insightful. For information on new subscriptions, product trials, alternative billing arrangements or group and site discounts please call 800-688-2421. We look forward to having you as a long-term member of the Relias Media community.