Here’s the data

Thirty percent of respondents listed their title as recruiter. Salaries among recruiters ranged from $30,000 a year to $89,000 a year. The majority — 85% — reported annual gross income in the $30,000 to $59,000 range. Specific salary ranges broke out this way:

$30,000 to $39,000 = 24%
$40,000 to $49,999 = 32%
$50,000 to $59,999 = 29%
$60,000 to $69,999 = 5%
$70,000 to $79,999 = 5%
$80,000 to $89,999 = 5%

 Those earning $60,000 or more per year had an average of 17 years of health care experience, with 56% reporting more than 20 years experience. The average experience in health care recruiting was six years. A little more than a half (56%) have been Recruiters one to three years; 22% have been in the field 13 to 15 years.

The salaries of respondents reporting the title of Director of Nursing or Chief Nursing Officer fell into a number of salary categories. Of all respondents in all salary categories, Directors of Nursing earned as follows:

$30,000 to $39,999 = 19%
$40,000 to $49,999 = 12%
$50,000 to $59,999 = 23%
$60,000 to $69,999 = 23%
$70,000 to $79,999 = 17%
$80,000 to $89,999 = 29%
$90,000 to $99,999 = 6%
$100,000 to $129,000 = 13%

Chief Nursing Officers reported the following in each salary category:

$30,000 to $39,999 = 0%
$40,000 to $49,999 = 3%
$50,000 to $59,999 = 3%
$60,000 to $69,999 = 9%
$70,000 to $79,999 = 13%
$80,000 to $89,999 = 19%
$90,000 to $99,999 = 40%
$100,000 to $129,000 = 13%

Salaries seemed to correlate to years on the job for both Directors of Nursing and Chief Nursing Officers. The average experience of those earning $80,000 per year or more was 22 years in health care. The majority — 71% — of those earning between $30,000 and $50,000 annually averaged 14 years experience in health care. The remaining 29% reported 25 or more years of experience in health care.