CME/CE objectives & questions
After reading Contraceptive Technology Update, the participant will be able to:
- Identify clinical, legal, or scientific issues related to development and provisions of contraceptive technology or other reproductive services.
- Describe how those issues affect service delivery and note the benefits or problems created in patient care in the participant’s practice area.
- Cite practical solutions to problems and integrate information into daily practices, according to advice from nationally recognized family planning experts.
17. According to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), what should consumers look for when ordering prescription drugs from an Internet pharmacy site?
A. Verified Internet Pharmacy Practice Sites (VIPPS) seal
B. Good Housekeeping Seal
C. VeriSignSecure Site Seal
D. Hallmark of Authenticity
18. If just-published research (Johnson J, et al. Nature 2004) is proven true, what new therapies might potentially be developed?
A. Cloning of human cells
B. Regeneration of human organs
C. Triggering of multiple births
D. Transplantation of ovarian stem cells for infertility
19. According to the FDA, hormone therapy products are approved therapies for relief from moderate to severe hot flashes and (choose one of the following answers):
A. Prevention of coronary heart disease
B. Symptoms of vulvar and vaginal atrophy
C. Early signs of dementia
D. Prevention of colorectal cancer
20. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, what is the leading cause of HIV infection among African-American men?
A. Sexual contact with women
B. Intravenous drug use
C. Sexual contact with other men
D. Blood transfusion