· Public Hearings, U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration's Proposed Rule on Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis
- Washington, DC - beginning April 7, 1998, Frances Perkins Building Auditorium, U.S. Department of Labor, 200 Constitution Ave. NW.
- Los Angeles - beginning May 5, 1998, Los Angeles Convention Center, Room 409A, 1204 S. Figueroa St.
- New York City - beginning May 19, 1998, Department of Labor, 201 Varick St., Rooms 831 A/B and 841 C/D.
- Chicago - beginning June 2, 1998, State of Illinois Building, Room C-500, 160 N. LaSalle St.
Hearings in all cities will begin at 10 a.m. the first day and 9 a.m. each succeeding day. Comments on the proposed standard, notices of intent to appear at hearings, testimony, and documentary evidence must be submitted in quadruplicate to: Docket Officer, Docket No. H-371, Room N-2625, U.S. Department of Labor, 200 Constitution Ave. NW, Washington, DC 20210. Comments of 10 pages or less can be faxed to (202) 219-5046.
· American Occupational Health Conference - April 24-May 1 in Boston. The 57th annual conference includes scientific courses, technical exhibits, pre- and post-conference sessions, employment services, and guest activities. Cosponsored by the American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine (ACOEM) and the American Association of Occupational Health Nurses (AAOHN). Contact: AAOHN, (404) 262-1162, ext. 110, or ACOEM, (847) 228-6850, ext. 152.
· Fourth International Conference on Occupational Health for Health Care Workers - Fall 1999. Sponsored by the International Commission on Occupational Health. Contact: Pierre Robillard, MD, Montreal Public Health Department, Occupational and Environmental Health Unit, 75 Port-Royal East Room 240, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3L 3T1. Telephone: (514) 858-7510, ext. 245. Fax: (514) 858-5993. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To submit calendar items for publication, send information to: Calendar Editor, Hospital Employee Health, P.O. Box 740056, Atlanta, GA 30374. Items must be submitted at least three months prior to the event date or event registration deadline. Please include a contact person's telephone number.