The trusted source for
healthcare information and
Sunrise, which serves about 15,000 HMO members, shows liabilities exceeding assets by $583,000 in its latest financial report dated May 31. Sunrise representatives are scheduled to appear in court Aug. 27 to tell the judge why it should not be put in receivership for liquidation by state insurance regulators. Until then, Sunrise is not allowed to write any new or renewal business.
Following are names and telephone numbers of sources quoted in this issue:
• American Medical Association, Chicago; David W. Emmons, director of policy research studies. Telephone: (312) 464-5067.
• Columbus Oncology Associates, Columbus, OH; Ruth A. Lander, administrator. Telephone: (614) 442-3130.
• Jeff Milburn, MBA, CMPE, senior vice president, Colorado Springs (CO) Health Partners. Telephone: (719) 475-7700.
• Henry Fenton, JD, Los Angeles; health care attorney. Telephone: (310) 444-5244.
• Foley, Lardner, Weissburg, & Aaronson, Los Angeles; Lowell Brown, JD, health care attorney. Telephone: (310) 277-2223.
• Hanebutt Consulting Group, Kansas City, MO; Gordon R. Hanebutt, MBA. Telephone: (913) 897-4502.
• Hartford (CT) Hospital, University of Connecticut; Alan H.B. Wu, PhD, director of the department of pathology and laboratory medicine, and associate professor of laboratory medicine. Telephone: (860) 545-2711.
• Practice & Liability Consultants, San Francisco; Debra Phairas, MBA, president. Telephone: (415) 764-4800.
• Advance Health, Tarrytown, NY; Jonathan Edelson, MD, chairman and chief executive officer. Telephone: (914) 332-6688.
• Nicholas Giampetro, JD, partner, Giampetro/ Levin, Towson, MD. Telephone: (410) 339-7466.
• Andrew Radoszewski, MBA, MPH, consultant, Orlando, FL. Telephone: (407) 682-3585.