Conference to target cost and quality in SDS
Experts will share their proven ideas for managing successful same-day surgery services at "Balancing Cost and Quality: The Secrets of Successful Ambulatory Surgery Programs," to be held March 14-16 in Atlanta. The conference is sponsored by American Health Consultants, publisher of Same-Day Surgery.
The timely topics offer something for every same-day surgery manager, whether your program is hospital-based, freestanding, or office-based. Speakers will address the following issues:
- interpreting financial information;
- monitoring quality trends and their impact on finances;
- improving physician, employee, and patient relations;
- recruiting and retaining physicians;
- handling contracts with managed care and vendors;
- addressing sentinel events;
- understanding new federal regulations;
- implementing ambulatory patient classifications;
- following construction requirements;
- adding pain management services;
- using creative marketing strategies;
- cross-training successfully;
- improving patient satisfaction;
- leasing employees;
- reprocessing single-use devices legally and ethically;
- surviving change;
- discharging patients quickly;
- addressing the millennium bug.
Each session sets aside time for you and your peers to ask the experts your most burning questions. Twenty contact hours of continuing education will be offered.The conference fee includes a kick-off cocktail party to network with speakers and other registrants, continental breakfasts, lunches, a course manual, and a form exchange for attendees.
For more information, contact American Health Consultants, Customer Service, P.O. Box 740056, Atlanta, GA 30374. Telephone: (800) 688-2421 or (404) 262-7436. Fax: (800) 284-3291. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on the accreditation process, contact:
• Beth A. Boyd, RN, Clinical Director and Educational Coordinator, The Breast Center, 702 Canton Road, Marietta, GA 30060. Telephone: (770) 428-4486, ext. 203. Fax: (770) 425-6008. E-mail: email@example.com.
• Jerry Henderson, Executive Director, SurgiCenter of Baltimore, 23 Crossroads Drive, Owings Mills, MD 21117. Telephone: (410) 356-0300. Fax: (410) 356-7505. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Cathy Holmgren, RN, MBA, Executive Deputy Director, Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, 9933 Lawler Ave., Skokie, IL 60077. Telephone: (847) 676-9610. Fax: (847) 676-9628. World Wide Web: http://www.aaahc.org. E-mail: email@example.com.
• Ann Kobs, MS, RN, Sentinel Event Specialist, Department of Standards, Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, One Renaissance Blvd., Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181. Telephone: (630) 792-5900 or (630) 792-5000. Fax: (630) 792-5942. World Wide Web: http://www.jcaho.org.