• Help At Home (Chicago) named COO Joel Davis to the additional position of president, currently a vacant post. In addition to his responsibilities of president, Davis will continue to serve as COO.
• Kelly Services (Troy, MI) appointed Thomas Suter director of European operations of Kelly Scientific Resources (KSR), Kelly’s scientific business unit. In this position, Suter will be responsible for all European KSR operations and for expanding KSR business throughout Europe.
• South Central Community Health’s (York, PA) board has appointed its senior management team. Bruce Bartels will serve as president of the new, not-for-profit health system, which was formed by the affiliation of Gettysburg Health Care Corp. and York Health System last month. Michael O’Conner will serve as senior vice president of finance/CFO.
• Community Care Services (CCSE; Mt. Vernon, NY) has named Elia Guarneri CFO. Guarneri has been serving the company as acting CFO since October. He joined CCSE in February 1998.
• Olsten (Melville, NY) President/COO Edward Blechschmidt will become the company’s new CEO, while retaining his title as president. He will replace Frank Liguori who worked for 28 years in senior management with the company. Olsten Vice Chairman Stuart Olsten will become chairman of the board. The company has also appointed Carlton Schowe to the position of senior vice president and corporate officer. Schowe has worked for IMI Systems, an Olsten subsidary, since 1988, most recently as president.
• Respironics (Pittsburgh) has appointed James Liken and J. Paul Yokubinas to its board, expanding it to 11 members. Liken is founder and former president of Liken Home Medical (Pittsburgh.) Yokubinas is a retired president/CEO of Healthdyne (Marietta, GA), a company acquired by Respironics last year. Liken will serve through 2000 and Yokubinas will serve through 1999.
• Cynthia Patton has assumed the position of corporate counsel for SCAN (Long Beach, CA), a senior health plan that provides home healthcare.
• Sunrise Medical (Carlsbad, CA) has appointed Geoffrey Cooper corporate vice president /CIO in addition to his current job as vice president of information technology at Sunrise’s Home Healthcare Group (Longmont, CO).
• Michael Azzara has left his position as president/CEO of The Valley Hospital (Ridgewood, NJ) to head the Valley Health System. Audrey Meyers will move from her job as senior vice president/COO and take Azzara’s place. Since Valley Health System was founded in 1997, Azzara has overseen both the hospital and health system by helping manage the system’s non-hospital components, including Valley Home & Community Health Care.