• Kennedy Institute of Ethics Advanced Bioethics Course "Issues in Ethics Committees." March 5-7, 1999. Contact: Conference coordinator, Kennedy Institute of Ethics, Box 571212, Georgetown University, Washington, DC 20057. Telephone: (202) 687-5477. Fax: (202) 687-8089. E-mail: KICOURSE@gunet.georgetown.edu. World Wide Web: http://guweb.georgetown.edu/kennedy.
• Addressing the Medical, Legal, and Ethical Dilemmas in Modern Health Care. 39th Annual Conference of the American College of Legal Medicine. March 11-13, 1999. New Orleans. Contact: American College of Legal Medicine, 611 E. Wells St., Milwaukee, WI. Telephone: (414) 276-1881. Fax: (414) 276-2349. E-mail: email@example.com. World Wide Web: www.aclm.org.
• Talking Ourselves to Death: Narratives and Caregiving at the End of Life. June 22-27, 1999. The Center for Literature, Medicine, and the Health Care Professions, Hiram, OH. Contact: Carol Donley, Center for Literature, Medicine, and the Health Care Professions, Hiram College, Hiram, OH 44234. Telephone: (330) 569-5449. Fax: (330) 569-5380. E-mail: Donleycc@hiram.edu.
• Summer Seminar in Health Care Ethics. Aug. 2-6, 1999. University of Washington, Seattle. The one-week seminar provides an intensive introduction to the concepts, methods, and literature of health care ethics. It is directed to — and registration limited to — physicians, nurses, social workers, chaplains, teachers, and others involved in the care of patients or the education of providers. A detailed brochure with application form will be available in March 1999. Contact: Marilyn J. Barnard, program coordinator, Medical History & Ethics, Box 357120, School of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195-7120. Telephone: (206) 616-1864. Fax: (206) 685-7515. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• American Society of Bioethics and Humanities Annual Meeting. Oct. 27-31, 1999. Philadelphia, PA. Contact: American Society of Bioethics and Humanities (ASBH), 4700 W. Lake Ave., Glenview, IL 60025-1485. Telephone: (847) 375-4745. Fax: (847) 375-3777. World Wide Web: http://www.asbh.org.