• Contemporary Challenges in Health Care Ethics. June 12-17, 1999. Intensive Bioethics Course sponsored by the Kennedy Institute of Ethics, Georgetown University, Washington, DC. For information and registration materials, contact: Course Coordinator, Kennedy Institute of Ethics, Box 571212, Georgetown University, Washington, DC 20057-1212. Telephone: 202-687-5477. Fax: 202-687-8089. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. World Wide Web: http://guweb.georgetown.edu/kennedy.
• Talking Ourselves to Death: Narratives and Caregiving at the End of Life. June 22-27, 1999, The Center for Literature, Medicine, and the Health Care Professions, Hiram, OH. Contact: Carol Donley, Center for Literature, Medicine, and the Health Care Professions, Hiram College, Hiram, OH 44234. Telephone: (330) 569-5449. Fax: (330) 569-5380. Email: Donleycc@hiram.edu.
• Summer Seminar in Health Care Ethics. Aug. 2-6, 1999, University of Washington, Seattle. The one-week seminar provides an intensive introduction to the concepts, methods, and literature of health care ethics. It is directed to — and registration limited to — physicians, nurses, social workers, chaplains, teachers, and others involved in the care of patients or the education of providers. A detailed brochure with application form will be available in March 1999. Contact: Marilyn J. Barnard, program coordinator, Medical History & Ethics, Box 357120, School of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195-7120. Telephone: (206) 616-1864. Fax: (206) 685-7515. E-mail: email@example.com.
• National Conference on Organization Ethics and Health Care. Sept. 25-26, 1999. Charlottesville, VA. Sponsored by: Center for Biomedical Ethics and the Olsson Center for Applied Ethics at the University of Virginia. For more information: Telephone: (804) 982-4227. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. World Wide Web: http://hsc.virginia.edu/medicine/inter-dis/bio-ethics/conf.html.
• American Society of Bioethics and Humanities Annual Meeting. Oct. 27-31, 1999. Philadelphia. Contact: American Society of Bioethics and Humanities (ASBH), 4700 W. Lake Ave., Glenview, IL 60025-1485. Telephone: (847) 375-4745. Fax: (847) 375-3777. World Wide Web: http://www.asbh.org.