In the Pipeline
- MediGene AG has initiated a clinical Phase I/II trial of the drug candidate NV1020 for the treatment of liver metastases developing from colorectal cancer. NV1020 is a herpes simplex virus, genetically modified for the specific destruction of tumor cells without harming healthy tissue.
- Sangart has initiated a Phase II clinical trial involving MP4 (Hemospan), a hemoglobin-based oxygen carrier designed to serve as an alternative for blood transfusions.
- Corautus Genetics has begun its Phase IIb clinical trial to evaluate the safety and efficacy of Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor-2 (VEGF-2) for the treatment of severe cardiovascular disease.
- Encysive Pharmaceuticals has completed enrolling 240 patients in the company's multicenter, Phase III STRIDE-2 (Sitaxsentan To Relieve ImpaireD Exercise) trial to evaluate the safety and efficacy of sitaxsentan (Thelin) in patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension.
- Genentech and OSI Pharmaceuticals have initiated a Phase IIIB clinical study of the investigational therapy erlotinib HCl (Tarceva) in patients with second- and third-line non-small cell lung cancer who have previously received chemotherapy.
- AstraZeneca is recruiting patients for a new clinical trial for non-small-cell lung cancer. The INTEREST (IRESSA Non-small-cell lung cancer Trial Evaluating REsponse and Survival against Taxotere) trial will evaluate the effectiveness of the oral anti-cancer agent gefitinib (IRESSA) tablets vs. docetaxel (Taxotere) in patients with locally advanced or metastatic non-small-cell lung cancer who have previously received platinum-based chemotherapy.
- Threshold Pharmaceuticals has received a Special Protocol Assessment from the FDA for a pivotal Phase III clinical trial to evaluate Glufosfamide in patients with metastatic pancreatic cancer refractory to first-line treatment.
Subscribe Now for Access
You have reached your article limit for the month. We hope you found our articles both enjoyable and insightful. For information on new subscriptions, product trials, alternative billing arrangements or group and site discounts please call 800-688-2421. We look forward to having you as a long-term member of the Relias Media community.