• The Health Industry Distributors Association (HIDA; Alexandria, VA) named Kevin Murphy vice president of membership, marketing, and communications. In this new position, Murphy will be responsible for the strategic marketing and membership development for the association. In addition, HIDA appointed Karen DeLong director of membership, marketing, and communications. As director, DeLong will provide leadership and tactical operations for marketing all HIDA products. HIDA also promoted Ruth Ann Kaiser to director of government relations.
• Pamela Bataillon was named senior vice president and COO of the Visiting Nurse Association in Omaha, NE. Bataillon formerly served the association as vice president of business development.
• Nancy Jakus has been named president and COO of CNS Home Health (Carol Stream, IL), a home health and hospice services provider.
• Coram Healthcare (Denver) said last week that Sandra Smoley joined the board of directors, effective Feb. 10. Smoley is chairman/CEO of The Sandy Smoley Group (Sacramento), a healthcare and local government consulting firm.
• Jordan Health Systems (Quincy, MA) named Patricia O’Brien president of Cura Visiting Nurse Association and O’Brien Cranberry Hospice. O’Brien will also serve as vice president of Jordan Health Systems.