Cut through catalog clutter by searching the Web
Connecting to on-line resources
Looking for education tools for patients? Many companies have Web sites that introduce their products on-line. Brochures, pamphlets, books, videos, charts, and anatomical models can be conveniently researched via the Internet. You can often order on-line or fax orders using forms available on the site. Following are a few Web sites you may want to investigate:
• American Institute of Preventive Medicine. Self-care publications and wellness programs. Spanish titles available. Address: 30445 North wes tern Highway, Suite 350, Farmington Hills, MI 48334-3102. Telephone: (800) 345-2476 or (810) 539-1800. Fax: (810) 539-1808. Web site: http://aipm.healthy.net.
• Anatomical Chart Company. Patient education anatomical products including charts, models, books, posters and CD-ROMs. Address: 8221 Kimball Ave., Skokie, IL 60076-2956. Telephone: (800) 621-7500 or (847) 679-4700. Fax: (847) 674-0211. Web site: http://www.anatomical.com.
• Creative Health Care Management. Staff instruction videos including patient teaching, and books targeting management issues such as creating self-directed work groups. Address: 1701 E. 79th St., Suite 1, Minneapolis, MN 55625. Telephone: (800) 264-3246 or (612) 854-9015. Fax: (612) 854-1886. Web site: http://www.chcm.com.
• Krames/Staywell. Patient education materials including pamphlets and videos. Spanish titles available. Address: 1100 Grundy Lane, San Bruno, CA 94066-3030. Telephone: (800) 333-3032 or (650) 244-4450. Fax: (650) 244-4568. Web site: http://www.krames.com.
• Milner-Fenwick. Patient education materials including videos, booklets, and books. Spanish titles available. Address: 2125 Greenspring Dr., Timonium, MD 21093. Telephone: (800) 432-8433 or (410) 252-1700. Fax: (410) 252-6316. Web site: http://www.milner-fenwick.com.
• Mosby. Patient education materials including booklets, videos, and fold-out pamphlets. Address: 11830 Westline Industrial Drive, St. Louis, MO 63146-9806. Telephone: (800) 433-3803. Fax: (800) 535-9935. Web site: http://www.mosby.com.
• Pritchett & Hull. Patient education materials include books, pamphlets, brochures, flip cards, posters, slides, tearsheets, videos, and CD-ROMs. Spanish titles available. Address: 3440 Oakcliff Rd. NE, Suite 110, Atlanta, GA 30340-3079. Telephone: (800) 241-4925. Web site: http://www.p-h.com.
• Start Today for a Healthy Tomorrow Nov. 9-15. This Health Education Week is meant to be a time when patient education managers can demonstrate the importance of training and education of health care staff and patients. To help managers with their promotions, the Health Care Education Association has created a number of theme products such as buttons, posters, T-shirts, tote bags, mugs, and magnets. For rush delivery after Oct. 19th call Jim Coleman, Ltd. at (847) 398-7194.