The trusted source for
healthcare information and
• Invacare (Elyria, OH) has introduced the Learning Enrichment Education Program (LEEP), a series of three-day Invacare Expos product training. The Expos will travel to nine markets this year, and satellite courses will be available in 36 cities throughout the year. One full day course will focus on clinical guidelines for home respiratory care. The Expos will be offered April 20-22 in Boston, May 4-6 in Indianapolis, June 8-10 in Kansas City, MO, July 20-22 in Los Angeles, Aug. 3-5 in Philadelphia, Aug. 24-26 in Nashville, TN, Sept. 8-10 in Fort Lauderdale, FL, and Oct. 5-7 in Houston. For more information, call the LEEP hotline at (800) 333-6900, Ext. 6697.
• The National Association for Home Care (Washington) is offering a home care business development conference called Expanding Services Beyond Medicare in a Cost Conscious Environment. The conference, which includes the National Private Pay Home and Community Services Conference, the 14th National Home Care Aide Services Conference, and the National Adult Day Care Symposium, is April 18-21 at the Hyatt Regency Crystal City Hotel in Arlington, VA. For more information, call (202) 547-5050.
• The Health Industry Distributors Association (Alexandria, VA) is holding its Home Care Washington Conference April 20-21. Among the issues that will be addressed at the conference are competitive bidding, inherent reasonableness, home health agency consolidated billing, and managed care reform. For more information, or to register, call (703) 838-6134.
• The Arizona Association for Home Care will hold the Home Health Care Annual Conference May 3 and 4 at the Embassy Suites in Phoenix. For more information, call Susan Brenton or Alice Mendoza at (602) 967-2624, if you are out of state, or (800) 367-0399, if you are in Arizona.
• The California Association for Health Services at Home (Sacramento, CA) is holding its 1999 Annual Conference & Home Care Expo May 19-21. The conference will be at the Disneyland Hotel in Anaheim, CA. For more information on the conference, call (800) 622-4724.
• Medtrade Management Group (Atlanta) will hold the first Home Healthcare Executive Forum on Nov. 2 at the Earnest M. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans. The forum will be the day prior to the opening of the 1999 Medtrade Exhibition and Conference. Issues addressed at the home care forum will relate to workplace liability, negotiating strategic alliances, legal issues involved in creating new marketing strategies, and confronting case management issues. For more information, call (877) 835-7232.