The trusted source for
healthcare information and
- Percentage of respondents who said they were very concerned about:
61% Being given the wrong medicine.
58% Being given two or more medicines that interact in a negative way.
58% The cost of treatment.
Complications from the medical procedure.
53% Having enough information about medicines they receive.
50% Getting an infection during their stay.
49% Negative side effects from medicine.
Receiving too much medicine.
Suffering from pain.
- 41% said that the cost of getting prescriptions filled after being discharged from a hospital or other component of a health system is a very serious concern.
- 3 out of 4 respondents (76%) said that speaking with a health-system pharmacist would help address these concerns.
- 3 out of 4 (75%) said it was very important that a health system provide a pharmacist who can answer questions about their medications.
- Two-thirds (67%) said that when leaving a hospital or health system they were very concerned about using their medications safely.
Source: American Society of Health-System Pharmacists, Washington, DC.