HCFA names integrity program contractors
Twelve business have been selected by the Health Care Financing Administration (HCFA) as the administration’s first-ever program safeguard contractors — companies hired to identify and prevent the defrauding, waste, and abuse of Medicare.
These agencies may take on all or any of the duties associated with payment safeguarding, namely medical review, cost report auditing, data analysis, and provider education. According to HCFA, these firms will "focus on the post-payment work that is beyond the baseline work our Medicare contractors are currently performing."
The companies recently chosen by HCFA are the following:
• Aspen Systems in Rockville, MD;
• Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Alabama in Birmingham;
• Computer Sciences Corp. in Falls Church, VA;
• California Medical Review in San Francisco;
• DYN Corp. in Reston, VA;
• Electronic Data Systems in Plano, TX;
• Lifecare Management Partners in Alexandria, VA;
• Reliance Safeguard Solutions in Syracuse, NY;
• Regence Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Utah in Salt Lake City;
• Science Applications International Corp. in Vienna, VA;
• Tri-Centurion LLC in Columbia, SC;
• United Government Services in Milwaukee.