Take these steps to advance your career
If you’ve been a case manager for several years and your career has reached a standstill, here are some steps you can take, says Jeanne Boling, MSN, CRRN, CDMS, CCM, executive director of the Case Management Society of America in Little Rock, AR:
1. Learn more about the health care system in which you are employed.
2. Learn exactly how case managers can improve the outcomes of care for patients and families.
3. Acquire certification in your area of expertise.
4. Continually learn about industry trends, outcomes, benchmarks, and new breakthroughs in e-health solutions.
5. Evaluate the system in which you work to determine whether it offers and supports career growth opportunities.
6. Check out other job opportunities for the best fit with your personal needs.