Use CDC Web material for vaginitis education
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) now offer a free web-based training course designed to guide clinicians in the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of vaginitis. It may be accessed at http://1.usa.gov/17FOeNK.
The material includes information on trichomoniasis, candidiasis, and bacterial vaginosis. Continuing education credits are available. After completing the course, clinicians will be able to do the following:
- Describe the epidemiology of the three major types of vaginitis in the United States.
- Describe pathogenesis relating to the three major types of vaginitis.
- Discuss the clinical manifestations of the three major types of vaginitis.
- Identify common methods used in the diagnosis of the three major types of vaginitis.
- List the CDC-recommended treatment regimens for the three major types of vaginitis.
- Summarize prevention strategies for the three major types of vaginitis.
The CDC also is offering a ready-to-use curriculum for clinical educators on vaginitis. The comprehensive curricular materials can be downloaded by clinical educators for classroom use. Each module contains a slide presentation, an instructor’s guide, a case study, and test questions.
All materials are free and may be downloaded at http://1.usa.gov/13HxtSj.