Upon completion of this educational activity, participants should be able to:
- Identify a particular clinical, legal, or educational issue related to quality improvement and performance outcomes.
- Describe how clinical, legal, or educational issues related to quality improvement and performance outcomes affect nurses, health care workers, hospitals, or the health care industry in general.
- Cite solutions to the problems associated with quality improvement and performance outcomes based on guidelines from relevant authorities and/or independent recommendations from clinicians at individual institutions.
1. How many years in a row has alarm management been the number one hazard on ECRI’s list?
2. To meet perinatal core measures, labor can’t be induced before when?
- 38 weeks
- 39 weeks
- 37 weeks
- 37 weeks 6 days
3. How much does the average retained object cost a hospital in health and legal costs?
- $2.2 million
- $1 million
4. According to Beth Boynton, RN, MS, the first step to figuring out if you have a problem with medication administration workarounds is:
- having a just culture
- asking nurses why they do things a certain way
- asking nurses what they need to do things right
- figuring out how much time it takes to do certain tasks
Click here to take your CNE/CME test online.