Medications approved switch from IV to PO
Here are the medications that clinical pharmacists at John T. Mather Memorial Hospital in Port Jefferson, Long Island, NY, can switch from IV to PO without first getting physician approval. (The hospital’s medical board and pharmacy & therapeutics committee have approved the list.) The physicians sign the change on the chart the next day.
- Moxifloxacin (Avelox) 400 mg
- Ciprofloxacin (Cipro) 200 mg and 400 mg
- Fluconazole (Diflucan) 200 mg and 400 mg
- Metronidazole (Flagyl)
- Famotidine (Pepcid) 20 mg
- Pantoprazole (Protonix) 40 mg
- Gatifloxacin (Tequin) 200 mg and 400 mg
- Doxycycline (Vibramycin)
- Azithromycin (Zithromax) 250 mg
- Linezolid (Zyvox) 600 mg.