Calendar: Upcoming injury prevention conferences
Upcoming injury prevention conferences
This is a partial listing of upcoming conferences pertaining to injury prevention:
• July 22-25, 2001 — Seventh International Family Violence Research Conference, Portsmouth, NH. Sponsored by the Family Research Laboratory and Crimes Against Children Research Center. Contact: Family Research Laboratory and Crimes Against Children Research Center, 126 Horton Social Science Center, University of New Hampshire, Durham, NH 03824. Telephone: (603) 862-1888. Fax: (603) 862-1122. Web: www.unh.edu/frl/conf2001home.htm.
• Sept. 5-7, 2001 — The 15th Annual California Conference on Childhood Injury Control, San Diego. Sponsored by California Center for Childhood Injury Prevention, San Diego State University. Contact: California Center for Childhood Injury Prevention, 6505 Alvarado Road, Suite 208, San Diego, CA 92120. Telephone: (619) 594-3691. E-mail: [email protected]. Web: www.cccip.org.
• Sept. 10-14, 2001 — Injury Research Methods Course, Seattle. Sponsored by the University of Washington. Contact: University of Washington Educational Outreach, 5001 25th Ave. N.E., Seattle, WA 98105. Telephone: (800) 543-2320 or (206) 685-6503. E-mail: [email protected]. Web: www.hiprc.org/epi590.
• Nov. 9-10, 2001 — The First National Conference on Medical Care in Domestic Violence, Dallas. Sponsored by University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Physicians for a Violence-Free Society, and The Violence Intervention and Prevention Center at Parkland. Contact: Office of Continuing Education, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390-9059. Telephone: (800) 688-8678, ext. 2 or (214) 648-2166. Fax: (214) 648-2317.
• Dec. 3-5, 2001 — Mobilizing for a SafeUSA: A Leadership Conference to Reduce Violence and Injury in America, Atlanta. Sponsored by National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Contact: SafeUSA, P.O. Box 81890, Silver Spring, MD 20907-8189. Telephone: (888) 252-7751. E-mail: [email protected]. Web: www.cdc.gov/safeusa.
• April 15-17, 2002 — Third National Congress On Childhood Emergencies, Dallas. Sponsored by the federal Emergency Medical Services for Children (EMSC) Program. Contact: EMSC National Resource Center. Telephone: (202) 884-4927. Fax: (202) 884-6845. E-mail: [email protected]. Web: www.ems-c.org.
May 12-15, 2002 — Sixth World Conference on Injury Prevention and Control, Montreal. Contact: 511 Place d’Armes, Suite 600, Montreal, QC H2Y 2W7, Canada. Telephone: (514) 848-1133. E-mail: [email protected]. Web: www.trauma2002.com.
Subscribe Now for Access
You have reached your article limit for the month. We hope you found our articles both enjoyable and insightful. For information on new subscriptions, product trials, alternative billing arrangements or group and site discounts please call 800-688-2421. We look forward to having you as a long-term member of the Relias Media community.