1. Which of the following is least predictive of future vascular events in high-risk patients?
a. LDL-C concentration
b. LDL particle size
c. HDL-C concentration
d. Apolipoprotein B
2. In the recent meta-analysis, type 2 diabetes was found not to be associated with increased risk for the development of:
a. Hodgkin lymphoma.
b. non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
c. peripheral T-cell lymphoma.
d. leukemia (not otherwise specified).
3. Data from the Nurses Health Study II indicated an increased risk for which type(s) of skin cancer for those who frequented tanning salons at a young age?
a. Squamous cell cancer
b. Basal cell cancer
d. All of the above
4. Which of the following organisms were recovered from patients’ privacy curtains in the ICU and other clinical locations in the hospital?
a. Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus
b. Vancomycin-resistant enterocicci
c. Gram-negative rods with extended-spectrum beta lactamase
d. All of the above
5. The proportion of privacy curtains found to be contaminated with bacteria on at least one occasion during the 3-week study period was:
Upon completion of this educational activity, participants should be able to:
- describe new findings in the differential diagnosis and treatment of various diseases;
- describe the advantages, disadvantages and controversies surrounding the latest advances in the diagnosis and treatment of disease;
- identify cost-effective treatment regimens;
- explain the advantages and disadvantages of new disease screening procedures.
To earn credit for this activity, follow these instructions:
1. Read and study the activity, using the provided references for further research.
2. Log on to www.cmecity.com to take a post-test; tests can be taken after each issue or collectively at the end of the semester. First-time users will have to register on the site using the 8-digit subscriber number printed on their mailing label, invoice or renewal notice.
3. Pass the online tests with a score of 100%; you will be allowed to answer the questions as many times as needed to achieve a score of 100%.
4. After successfully completing the last test of the semester, your browser will be automatically directed to the activity evaluation form, which you will submit online.
5. Once the completed evaluation is received, a credit letter will be e-mailed to you instantly. You will no longer have to wait to receive your credit letter!