Skip to main content

All Access Subscription

Get unlimited access to our full publication and article library.

Get Access Now

Interested in Group Sales? Learn more

If a parent objects to a medical evaluation or treatment of a child with a potentially life-threatening emergency, due to religious beliefs or any other reason, says Kevin M. Klauer, DO, EJD, FACEP, chief medical officer of Emergency Medicine Physicians in Canton, OH, the emergency physician (EP) can get a court order to get the child treated.

If Parent Refuses Treatment, Act in Child's Best Interest