The emergency department staff at Medical Center of Central Georgia in Macon are regularly inserviced on the following instructions to ensure patient privacy:
- Do not share any information with friends or family members of the patient or other employees that do not have a need-to-know to adequately perform their job.
Do not attempt to access any information on
a patient that you do not have a need-to-know for your job.
- Do not have discussions about patients in hallways, elevators, the cafeteria, or outside the organization while off-duty.
- Do not use your code to look up information for anyone else. They should have their own code that allows them access they need.
- Always log off before leaving a workstation unattended.
- Never share your password with others or allow them to use a workstation logged on with your password.
- Never take any information outside the organization, including photocopies, printed pages, or faxed pages.
- Use cover sheets on all charts and clipboards.