The trusted source for
healthcare information and
• Guilford Pharmaceuticals has initiated a Phase III clinical development program for Aquavan injection, a novel sedative/hypnotic that is a proprietary water-soluble prodrug of propofol.
• Vicuron Pharmaceuticals has completed enrollment in three Phase III clinical trials involving more than 1,500 patients designed to support registration of once-weekly dalbavancin for the treatment of skin and soft-tissue infections.
• Coley Pharmaceutical Group has completed the planned enrollment for its Phase II, randomized clinical study of the company’s lead TLR Therapeutic, CPG 7909 (ProMune), for the treatment of non-small cell lung cancer.
• InterMune has initiated a Phase II clinical trial of the combination of interferon alfacon-1 (Infergen) and interferon gamma-1b (Actimmune) for the treatment of patients chronically infected with hepatitis C virus who have failed to respond to therapy with pegylated interferon alpha-2 plus ribavirin.
• Millennium Pharmaceuticals has initiated a multicenter Phase II clinical trial of bortezomib (Velcade) for Injection in combination with rituximab in patients with relapsed or refractory indolent (follicular and marginal zone) non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma.