Leapfrog Group names Leah Binder new CEO
The Leapfrog Group has appointed Leah Binder, MA, MGA, CEO, effective March 10. Binder is vice president of Franklin Community Health Network based in Farmington, ME. She also serves as executive director of the Healthy Community Coalition and Franklin Health Access. Binder previously served as senior policy advisor to New York City Mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani.
"Leveraging the purchasing power of large buyers of health care to advance transparency and accountability is a solution that is powerful and long overdue," said Binder. "The Leapfrog Group's time has come and I intend to grow this organization and continue to position it as a leading part of the solution to major challenges in health care."
QUEST advisors named
The Premier health care alliance has named the advisory panel for its "QUEST: High Performing Hospitals" program. The panel will provide external guidance and direction to the project.
QUEST is a three-year program through which more than 100 participating hospitals will report data on a set of defined performance measures encompassing aspects of quality, efficiency, safety, and the patient experience. Premier will analyze the data, facilitate sharing of best practices, and provide incentives for top-performing hospitals.
Members of the advisory panel include:
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality — Carolyn Clancy, MD, director;
- Alliance for Nursing Informatics, University of Minnesota — Connie White Delaney, PhD, RN, dean and professor, school of nursing;
- American Board of Internal Medicine — Christine K. Cassel, MD, president and CEO;
- American College of Surgeons — Cliford Ko, MD, FACS, director, division of research and optimal patient care;
- American Health Information Management Association — Linda Kloss, RHIA, CEO;
- American Hospital Association — Carmella Coyle, senior vice president for policy;
- American Society for Healthcare Risk Management — Doug Borg, president-elect;
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Association — Allan Korn, MD, senior vice president and chief medical officer;
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention — Denise M. Cardo, MD, director, division of health care quality promotion;
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services — Thomas B. Valuck, MD, MHSA, JD, medical officer and senior advisor;
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement — Donald Goldmann, MD, senior vice president;
- John D. Stoeckle Center for Primary Care Innovation, Massachusetts General Hospital — Susan Edgman-Levitan, PA, executive director;
- National Business Coalition on Health — Andrew Webber, president and CEO;
- National Patient Safety Foundation — Diane Pinakiewicz, MBA, president;
- National Quality Forum — Janet Corrigan, PhD, MBA, president and CEO;
- Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology — David Hunt, MD, medial officer;
- Rand Corp. — Robert Brook, MD, vice president;
- The Commonwealth Fund — Stephen C. Schoenbaumn, MD, executive vice president;
- The Joint Commission — Jerod M. Loeb, PhD, vice president for research and performance measurement.