STEMI Watch 2019: Commitment to Quality Care and Improved Outcomes
Written with Mission: Lifeline® hospitals in mind, STEMI Watch 2019 provides physicians and staff with a concise and practical update on ST segment elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI). In the fourth edition of this series, you'll gain valuable STEMI CME/CE while reviewing clinically relevant recommendations to improve consistency of cardiac care for patients.
Complete with tables, treatment algorithms, and ECG strips, STEMI Watch 2019 is presented in five online modules allowing for per-module CME/CE testing. Gain insight on STEMI diagnosis, ECG analysis and review, legal issues, and more.
In the United States, someone has a heart attack every 43 seconds, and someone dies from heart disease every 90 seconds. STEMI Watch 2019 provides tools to help you and your staff make positive changes.
- Expertly written articles on evidence-based treatments for STEMI
- Valuable ECG images with interpretation from experts
- Concise targeted articles that summarize the latest research and provide clinically relevant recommendations to improve patient care
- Opportunity to earn up to 12 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ or ANCC credits
- Improve the consistency of cardiac care for STEMI patients
- Gain proven strategies to eliminate obstacles that prevent STEMI patients from accessing and receiving appropriate treatments
- Easy module format for physicians and nurses to earn self-paced continuing education credits
- Concise PDF format for convenient offline learning
Table of Contents
Module 1: Diagnosis
Module 2: ECG Analysis and Review
Module 3: Treatment and Management
Module 4: Prevention and Reversal
Module 5: Legal Issues
Michael H. Crawford, MD
Professor of Medicine
Chief of Clinical
Cardiology University of California, San Francisco
Physician Peer Reviewer:
Susan Zhao, MD
Director, Adult Echocardiography Laboratory
Associate Chief, Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine
Santa Clara Valley Medical Center, Santa Clara, CA
Amy M. Johnson, MSN, RN, CPN
Accreditations Manager, Relias
Accreditation & Credit Designation Statements:
In support of improving patient care, Relias LLC is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The Relias LLC designates this enduring material for a maximum of 12 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
12 ANCC contact hours will be awarded to participants who meet the criteria for successful completion. California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider CEP#13791.
After reading STEMI Watch 2019: Commitment to Quality Care and Improved Outcomes, the participant will be able to:
- Discuss current scientific research and data regarding the diagnosis of ST segment elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI).
- Discuss the pathogenesis and treatment of STEMI.
- Cite new information regarding new drugs for STEMI and new uses for traditional drugs.
- Identify ancillary issues of importance for healthcare providers who treat STEMI patients.
- Discuss advance in STEMI treatment.
How to Earn Credits:
Physicians and nurses participate in this CME/CE activity by reading the articles, using the provided references for further research, and studying the relevant questions at the end each module Participants will then be directed to a website, where they will complete an online assessment to show what they’ve learned. They must score 100 on the assessment to complete the activity, but they are allowed to answer the questions multiple times if needed. After they have successfully completed the assessment, they will be directed to an online activity evaluation form. Once that is submitted, they will receive their credit letter.
This activity is intended for cardiologists, coronary care nurses and staff, emergency medicine physicians and nurses, emergency medical service providers, ECG staff, percutaneous coronary intervention center staff, and freestanding emergency department staff.
Expiration: April 8, 2022
Product Code: E19249