Stroke 2022: Advances in Treatment and Care
Offering the latest updates in stroke research, Stroke 2022: Advances in Treatment and Care is an unbiased online CME/CE resource written and edited by leading clinical experts. This concise digital resource offers all the Joint Commission-required stroke credits (8 CME/CE) with per-module testing.
Stroke 2022: Advances in Treatment and Care topics include:
- Stroke risk and prevention: Review stroke risk factors, intracranial emergencies, and stroke mimics.
- Acute stroke treatment: Thrombolysis and thrombectomy: Explore the latest research on proven treatments for stroke patients.
- Acute stroke treatment: Hospital management: Review the latest on in-hospital treatment for stroke, including the effect of the COVID-19 pandemic on stroke care.
- Post-stroke care and rehabilitation: Explore rehab options to improve stroke recovery outcomes.
- Legal issues around stroke care: Review treatment plans to help prevent malpractice.
- Delivers unbiased, clinically relevant information on cutting edge treatments for stroke patients
- National stroke experts provide authoritative commentary on diagnosis of stroke in the emergency department
- This PDF book helps subscribers meet the yearly continuing education requirements to maintain Joint Commission accreditation in one convenient publication
- Easy modular format for physicians and nurses to earn stroke-specific continuing education credits
- Promotes best practices to improve patient care for stroke patients in the hospital and after discharge
- Stroke experts summarize recently published research and provide clinically relevant commentaries, saving readers valuable time
- Online modules covering stroke prevention, management and treatment, as well as detailed reviews of the latest research in stroke. Each module provides separate CME/CE credit for a total of 8 hours
- Comprehensive resource that discusses tested treatment strategies and state-of-the art techniques
- Includes valuable tables, figures, charts, photographs and images to support the information
- Provides analysis and commentary on the latest published stroke research
Contact us for custom reprints and group sales opportunities.
Matthew Fink, MD, FAAN, FAHA, FANA, Louis and Gertrude Feil Professor of Clinical Neurology; Chairman, Department of Neurology; and Associate Dean for Clinical Affairs, Weill Cornell Medical College; Chief of the Division of Stroke and Critical Care Neurology at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center, and Vice Chairman of the Medical Board
Accreditation & Credit Designation Statements:
In support of improving patient care, Relias LLC is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The Relias LLC designates this enduring material for a maximum of 8 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
8 ANCC contact hours will be awarded to participants who meet the criteria for successful completion. California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider CEP#13791.
Approved by the American College of Emergency Physicians for 8 hours of ACEP Category I credit.
After reading Stroke 2022: Advances in Treatment and Care, the participant will be able to:
- Discuss current scientific research and data regarding the diagnosis and treatment of stroke.
- Discuss the pathogenesis and treatment of stroke.
- Cite new information regarding new drugs for stroke and new uses for traditional drugs.
- Identify nonclinical issues of importance for healthcare providers who treat stroke patients.
- Discuss advances in neurointerventional treatments.
How to Earn Credits:
Physicians and nurses participate in this online CME/CE activity by reading the articles, using the provided references for further research, and studying the relevant questions at the end of the book. Participants will then be directed to a website, where they will complete an online assessment to show what they’ve learned. They must score 100 on the assessment in order to complete the activity, but they are allowed to answer the questions multiple times if needed. After they have successfully completed the assessment, they will be directed to an online activity evaluation form. Once that is submitted, they will receive their credit letter.
This CME/CE activity is intended for emergency medicine physicians and nurses, staff at Joint Commission-accredited stroke centers, neurologists, neurology nurses, psychiatrists, ENT physicians and nurses.
Expiration: November 1, 2024
Product Code: E21171