Data Show Leaders Worried About Cyberthreats
Recent research shows healthcare leaders are worried about the potential consequences of a cyberattack, says Tim Francis, enterprise cyber lead with Travelers, an insurer based in Hartford, CT.
He notes these findings from the 2021 Travelers Risk Index: Cyber:
• Top business concerns: 63% say cyber, computer, technology, and data breaches are the top business concerns.
• Top cyber concerns for healthcare leaders:
- A security breach with someone hacking into the computer system (66%);
- Company/organization becoming a victim of cyber extortion/ransomware (63%);
- A system glitch causing a company’s computers to go down (62%).
• Managing and preventing cyber events: In addressing these high levels of concern about cyber risk, 55% of healthcare executives say they are confident their organization has implemented best practices to prevent or mitigate a cyber event. These practices include:
- implementing firewall/virus protection (79%);
- mandating computer password updates (73%);
- creating data backup processes (71%);
- performing background checks on employees (62%).Recent research shows healthcare leaders are worried about the potential consequences of a cyberattack.
Subscribe Now for Access
You have reached your article limit for the month. We hope you found our articles both enjoyable and insightful. For information on new subscriptions, product trials, alternative billing arrangements or group and site discounts please call 800-688-2421. We look forward to having you as a long-term member of the Relias Media community.