The trusted source for
healthcare information and
10 questions to ask after injury
If a worker is injured, ask him or her the following questions, recommends Kathy Dayvault, RN, MPH, COHN-S/CM, an occupational health nurse at PureSafety in Franklin, TN:
1. How did the injury occur?
2. What where you doing at the time?
3. Did anything out of the ordinary happen when your injury occurred?
4. How was the day that your injury occurred different from all the other days?
5. Is this your regular job? If not, when was the last time you performed it?
6. How much training did you receive and when?
7. Was the process going as usual?
8. Were there any problems with tools, machinery, equipment or the environment?
9. Has this ever happened to you or other employees before? If so, did you report it? Was anything done about it?
10. Can you show me what you were doing at the time?