To earn credit for this activity, please follow these instructions.
- Read and study the activity, using the provided references for further research.
- Scan the QR code below, or log on to www.cmecity.com to take a post-test; tests can be taken after each issue or collectively at the end of the semester. First-time users will have to register on the site using the 8-digit subscriber number printed on their mailing label, invoice, or renewal notice.
- Pass the online tests with a score of 100%; you will be allowed to answer the questions as many times as needed to achieve a score of 100%.
- After successfully completing the last test of the semester, your browser will be automatically directed to the activity evaluation form, which you will submit online.
- Once the completed evaluation is received, a credit letter will be e-mailed to you instantly.
1.Which is true regarding recent trends in end-of-life care, according to a study published in JAMA?
- Hospice use steadily declined.
- Deaths in the hospital increased significantly.
- Both hospice use and intensive care unit care in the last month of life increased.
- Readmission penalties will make it much less likely that patients will be referred to home care services.
2.Which is true regarding ethical considerations of cost of care, according to Michele Meltzer, MD, MBE?
- All clinical guidelines in the United States now take cost into account.
- There is strong evidence that providers consistently share information on the cost of care with their patients.
- No surveyed physicians reported "embellishing" patients' symptoms to obtain coverage.
- Patients and even providers are often unaware of the cost of care.
3.Which is recommended to improve ethics consults, according to Jane Jankowski, LMSW, MSB?
- It is not necessary to identify in what way the process failed to meet a particular clinician's expectations.
- Bioethicists should assure that everyone conducting ethics consultation has an opportunity for peer feedback.
- It is not advisable to review contentious or precedent-setting cases with a full ethics committee.
- Demonstration of continuous improvement of policies should not be based on questions that emerge from consultations.
Click here to take your CNE/CME test online.