Try these ten steps to a successful merger
A simple 10-step process for completing mergers has been developed by Jeannee Parker Martin, RN, MPH, San Francisco-based vice president of the Corridor Group of health care consultants. The 10 "easy" steps, which may take six to 18 months to complete, are as follows:
1. Identify market forces.
2. Begin broad discussions.
3. Conduct an internal analysis.
4. Determine key selection criteria.
5. Identify potential partner(s).
6. Select primary partnering option.
7. Sign letter of intent/confidentiality.
8. Conduct due diligence/valuation.
9. Negotiate with the partner.
10. Finalize merger agreement and sign documents.
Source: Corridor Group, San Francisco. Used with permission.