The trusted source for
healthcare information and
Here is the position summary for the ED research nurse at the department of emergency medicine at the University of Louisville (KY):
• Coordinate national multicenter clinical drug trials awarded to the Department of Emergency Medicine.
• Conduct and organize data collection and analysis activities for other ongoing departmental research. Maintain any registries for the department.
• Must work independently, without direct supervision.
• Meet regularly with research director and principal investigators regarding research and clinical issues.
• Must have more than four years experience in the area.
• Develop protocols and general conduct of drug study.
• Resolve clinical problems and adverse effects.
• Serve as liaison and communication with researchers in other sites concerning a wide range of clinical issues.
• Discuss the scope and purpose of project.
• Obtain informed consent, when required, and follow up with patients and facility until hospitalization and treatment are completed.
• Assist in comprehensive data collection and analysis activities for related research projects.