CME Objectives/CME Questions
Upon completion of this educational activity, participants should be able to:
- describe new findings in the differential diagnosis and treatment of various diseases;
- describe the advantages, disadvantages and controversies surrounding the latest advances in the diagnosis and treatment of disease;
- identify cost-effective treatment regimens;
- explain the advantages and disadvantages of new disease screening procedures.
1. Statins may reduce the risk of a variety of cancers. In which cancers has the observed effect been the strongest?
a. Breast cancer
b. Lung cancer
c. Pancreatic cancer
d. Hematopoietic cancers
e. Brain cancer
2. Hand hygiene appeared to be influenced by:
a. role modeling.
b. peer pressure.
c. desire for self-protection.
d. a and b but not c
e. All of the above
3. Compliance with hand hygiene was increased when:
a. hand hygiene products were readily accessible.
b. participants attended an educational event about hand hygiene.
c. nurse team members performed hand hygiene on entering the room.
d. the attending physician was part of the rounding team.
e. the person first entering the room performed hand hygiene.
4. What was the most common adverse event in both the estrogen/progestin and estrogen only WHI studies?
a. Urinary incontinence
b. Heart attack
d. Venous thrombosis
Subscribe Now for Access
You have reached your article limit for the month. We hope you found our articles both enjoyable and insightful. For information on new subscriptions, product trials, alternative billing arrangements or group and site discounts please call 800-688-2421. We look forward to having you as a long-term member of the Relias Media community.