Clip these Parkinson’s disease resources
• American Parkinson Disease Association, 1250 Hylan Blvd., Suite 4B, Staten Island, NY 10305. Phone: (800) 223-2732 or (718) 981-8001. Fax: (718) 981-4399. APDA West Coast Office, 15000 Ventura Blvd., Suite 384, Sherman Oaks, CA 91403. Phone: (800) 908-2732. APDA Washington, DC, Office, 807 S. Alfred St., No. 2, Alexandria, VA 22314. Phone: (800) 684-2732. APDA publishes and distributes free brochures, newsletters, guidelines, patient teaching information, and other resources about Parkinson’s disease. To obtain copies, call the Staten Island office.
• Movement Disorders Center Development Fund, c/o Department of Neurology, The Graduate Hospital, 1800 Lombard St., Suite 900, Philadelphia, PA 19146. Phone: (215) 829-6688. The center sells the book Courage Behind the Mask: Coping with Parkinson’s Disease by Lucille Carlton and Robert E. Carlton for $5 plus $1 postage. The proceeds benefit the work of the center.
• National Parkinson Foundation, 1501 N.W. Ninth Ave., Bob Hope Road, Miami, FL 33136-1494. Phone: (800) 327-4545. The foundation sells a book about Parkinson’s disease — Sex, Love & Chronic Illness, by Lucille Carlton — for $13.95.
• Parkinson’s Disease Foundation, Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center, 710 W. 168th St., New York, NY 10032-9982. Phone: (212) 923-4700 or (800) 457-6676. Fax: (212) 923-4778. E-mail: email@example.com.
• Raven Press, 1185 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10036. Phone: (800) 777-2295. Raven Press publishes the textbook Parkin son’s Disease, A Guide for Patient and Family, written by Roger C. Duvoisin, MD, William Dow Lovett professor of neurology and chair of the department of neurology at Robert Wood John son Medical School’s University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, and chief of the neurology service at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick, NJ. The book’s third edition, published in 1990, sells for $36 in hardcover (No. 2203) and $19.50 in softcover (No. 2204), plus $2.25 for postage and handling.