The trusted source for
healthcare information and
Here are the skill sets required for each level of the career ladder at Navicent Health, based in Macon, GA:
• PAS I: Reception desk duties, basic scheduling and ancillary registration, and insurance health plan assignment and eligibility.
• PAS II: All of the above and scheduling, multiple modalities and physicians, registration, high-volume reception areas, cash collections, some pre-authorizations, and kiosk self-service registration areas.
• PAS III: All of the above and insurance benefit evaluation, authorization, complex procedural registration, case management support, and authorization communication.
• PAS IV: High-volume, high-responsibility areas with after-hours coverage such as urgent care and emergency department.
• Insurance Specialist: Expert knowledge of insurance health plans, contracts, eligibility and benefits, and price estimation; discussion with patients on patient liability, including payment arrangements.